BreamAlliance! Bream Fishing Australia

Author Topic: Bream guide  (Read 3191 times)

Big dog

Bream guide
« on: July 31, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »
Can anybody recommend a quality guide for bream fishing with lures. 2 mates and I are looking to fast track our knowledge and improve our skills.

We all put a far amount of time and effort into learning how to increase our chances but it's not happening.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted. I will travel as far as required.

Cheers

Offline Woodie

• Administrator
  • BreamAlliance.com
Re: Bream guide
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 08:08:08 PM »
I feel your pain Big dog, I am only a L plater myself in the art of bream on lures but do hook the odd nice size bream I try to match the hatch by lure to water colour Winter deep divers Blaydz etc, summer sub surface, surface lures.

I still use soft plastics in winter depending where i am eg, oyster racks, drop off rockwalls just try to match the environment etc, no wrong or right way to catch them they are a cunning fish the bream.

Big dog

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 09:13:18 PM »
Thanks for your positive comments. i'm struggling. i'll keep on plugging away and I'm sure things will turn around.

Tomorrow i am going to flog some weed beds with 3lb fluroo, small Gulp plastics and some hard bods.

Cheers

Offline Piscatorial Pursuit

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:52:22 PM »
Its a tough time of year for many of us Big Dog, so don't be put off by seemingly poor performances.
As the water warms the fish will be more active & likely to hit the lures. This is the time that your confidence grows and you will be inclined to experiment with new lures and techniques.
Hang in there mate.

Big dog

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »
Thanks for the support. I am determined and I will keep plugging away. I am probably expecting to much to soon. It's only been this bream season I have given this bream lure fishing a serious crack.
So far I have learnt my casting accuracy is not up to scratch. I am improving with practice. Also my some of my gear needs updating, thats a work in progress.
I am also getting great advice and support from fishos on this site. Including the first time I met Dan and Mark they were fishing on my dung hill at Hawks Nest. Both gave advise freely.
My goal is to fish the Gamakatsu series next year and put a legal bream in the live tank and hopefully at some stage bag out with my mate.
It's slow progress. Stealing a quote from a golf superstar "the harder I practice the luckier I get". I've got to practice more.
Thanks again.

John