BreamAlliance! Bream Fishing Australia

Author Topic: News for Bream Tournaments  (Read 4757 times)

Offline BreamAlliance

• Administrator
  • Bream Fishing Australia
News for Bream Tournaments
« on: October 30, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
Honda increases tournament presence

30 Oct 2012

HONDA is continuing to make its mark on Australia’s tournament fishing scene, with last week’s Squidgie Southern Bream Series (SSBS) Grand Final contested by several Honda-powered boats.

A familiar face on the podium at many elite-level bream tournaments – and finishing in third place in the SSBS Grand Final – Team Honda Marine Pro Angler Steve "Gillie" Gill said it was encouraging to see “so much silver”.

“In an arena dominated by two-stroke outboards, an increasing number of anglers are turning to Honda’s advanced four-stroke technology for its reliability, fuel efficiency and stealthy performance,” Gill said.

“It’s these class-leading attributes that led me to Honda in the first place… and I believe it’s contributed to my tournament fishing success over the years.”

Despite leading the field heading into the final day of the SSBS Grand Final, dropping a few fish early in the morning was enough to allow others to sneak in ahead of Gillie to take the top two places.

“That sort of performance can’t be blamed on equipment!” he laughed.

“While I always have complete confidence I’ll be able to fish an entire tournament without any engine problems, which can’t be said of some of the other boats on the circuit, the occasional slip-up through human error just can’t be avoided!”

Based at Woollamia, on the NSW South Coast, Gill is Honda's only sponsored ABT tournament angler. His next major event on the calendar is the 2012 Humminbird Bream Classic Grand Final, to be held on the Gippsland Lakes (VIC) in November.

original info http://www.marinebusiness.com.au/news/honda-increases-tournament-presence

Offline Piscatorial Pursuit

Re: News for Bream Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »
“In an arena dominated by two-stroke outboards, an increasing number of anglers are turning to Honda’s advanced four-stroke technology for its reliability, fuel efficiency and stealthy performance,” Gill said.

“It’s these class-leading attributes that led me to Honda in the first place… and I believe it’s contributed to my tournament fishing success over the years.”

??? Its clear now. Its the yamaha costing me winning positions not the fact that I'm lacking! Geez thank God for that. Had me worried to the point of anxiety  ::)

Offline yutryn

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:05:05 PM »
Mark and I should jump a few spots now oh wait I've always had a Honda

Offline Rampage

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:13:19 PM »
Never tried to cast and retrieve a 60hp Honda to catch bream,maybe that's my problem, I'm using a 30hp mariner.

Offline Choppers

• Having A go at Breaming
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:50:33 AM »
 :o   :D