BreamAlliance! Bream Fishing Australia

Author Topic: RUN N' GUN  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Woodie

• Administrator
  • BreamAlliance.com
RUN N' GUN
« on: June 24, 2013, 07:17:19 PM »
Today I tried a approach called RUN N' GUN from the abt Tournament angler guide by Josh Carpenter not that I am a tournament angler reason being I went for this approach was the river arm is only about 4 to 5 k long & limited time out on the water under 3 hours play time matter of fact I had.

I started at spot X with only small taps & a few tidler tailor in the boat it was time to move on giving most places 20 minutes to see what was about while moving up river with the tide close to change I reached a place I haven’t hit for a few months & with winter here decided to keep the lures in the deep water.

Yes it paid off in the first 5 minutes on the first drift past, by the time I had reached the end of the racks & turned around they were off the bite gave it two more passes & off again back to try the spots on the way back to the ramp with out any luck.

Not huge fish 31, 33 fork but I was stoked for a spare of the moment fish.

My mate Ted was to short to get in boat so he watched the car while i fished

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:42:05 PM by Woodie »

Offline forsterfisho

• Associated with Cranka lures & Samaki rods.
Re: RUN N' GUN
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »
lol spot X, Mr secret Squirrel!

Thanks for sharing mate, good to see you get into a couple of good ones. What lures did the damage?

Just put Ted in the boat before you launch next time ;)
Proudly supported by Cranka Lures

Offline Woodie

• Administrator
  • BreamAlliance.com
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 05:32:30 PM »
lol spot X, Mr secret Squirrel!

Thanks for sharing mate, good to see you get into a couple of good ones. What lures did the damage?

Just put Ted in the boat before you launch next time ;)

Spose to be bloodworm colour 100mm squidgy wrigglers forsterfisho i just wonder if the original colour & softness of this lure will be back on the market!

I see you did ok as well in the lower reachers of the manning with a few bream  ;)

Offline forsterfisho

• Associated with Cranka lures & Samaki rods.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »
According to the squidgies facebook page the proper bloodworm colour should be available soon, just a matter of it filtering down to retailers I guess.

Yeah mate we did ok, fishing secret lure y at spot x. If your good at algebra then you'll know what I mean!
Proudly supported by Cranka Lures

Offline Choppers

• Having A go at Breaming
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:10:37 PM »
I do the run and gun when i don't catch any just so my mates can't bag me out, but forster is a big waterway so pretty easy to hide, woodie you should get on to some vibes & blades in winter, see how you go then for the blue nose bream...