BreamAlliance! Bream Fishing Australia

Author Topic: top water lure reviews  (Read 14191 times)

Offline forsterfisho

• Associated with Cranka lures & Samaki rods.
Re: top water lure reviews
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »
Top waters, gotta love em at this time of year!

So many options on the market, you can't go to far wrong with the Zipbaits range. I have a heap of ZBL tiny poppers and skinny pop Jr's in my surface tray, along with Sammy 65's, Dog X jrs, and if you really want to spend some hard earned, check out the bent minnow.

If your after a more middle of the road cost, check out the Jazz zappers, Austackle Joeys, the berkley 3b range and the hawk range. The hawk topwater's are great for throwing over racks where you are bound to lose a few.

If you want something that you can belt an absolute mile with a decent breeze behind you, check out the Atomic K9 or even the zipbaits Fakie Dog.
Proudly supported by Cranka Lures

Offline brim it on

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 10:42:07 PM »
Top waters, gotta love em at this time of year!

So many options on the market, you can't go to far wrong with the Zipbaits range. I have a heap of ZBL tiny poppers and skinny pop Jr's in my surface tray, along with Sammy 65's, Dog X jrs, and if you really want to spend some hard earned, check out the bent minnow.

If your after a more middle of the road cost, check out the Jazz zappers, Austackle Joeys, the berkley 3b range and the hawk range. The hawk topwater's are great for throwing over racks where you are bound to lose a few.

If you want something that you can belt an absolute mile with a decent breeze behind you, check out the Atomic K9 or even the zipbaits Fakie Dog.

Thats some great lure advise, im only paying $17 for bent minnows lol dont ask how  ;D  at that price it doesn't hurt so much when a tailor takes a liking to one lol

Love the Sammy 65's aswell, it almost feels like cheating when bream like them so much
think BIG!!

Offline forsterfisho

• Associated with Cranka lures & Samaki rods.
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 10:51:55 PM »
Bent minnows can be found cheaply online from oversea's sites. I try and support our local guys to help grow our sport, so i try to shy away from the other's. I'm not saying its wrong to find the cheapest option though!

Gotta love sammy's, if your after a cheaper alternative check out the Jazz zapper range.
Proudly supported by Cranka Lures

Offline brim it on

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 10:59:04 PM »
Not wrong about buying locally, that's were i get mine hence the reason i said don't ask lol :D
think BIG!!

Offline Rack Raider

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
R2S Rover 50 is another surface lure that's worth mentioning, very underrated but very effective!  ;)
Cheers