BreamAlliance! Bream Fishing Australia

Author Topic: Navionics Android app  (Read 3774 times)

Offline bbgcomputers

Navionics Android app
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:13:51 AM »
I have brought and been playing around with the android app for navionics. has anyone else got this?

I think once i get the boat out i will be using it to track caught fish type and gps locate the photograph. thought it might give us all here an better grasp on the fish in the river.

Offline redrocket

Re: Navionics Android app
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »
I have the Iphone version. Its a great tool for investigating likely looking areas and it great when talking with people about spots because u can pull it up and know exactly where they are talking about.
Be careful using it the boat, I certainly wouldn't be relying on it for navigation purposes. Its not accurate enough and of cause relys on the phone having good signal.

Offline bbgcomputers

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »
My version only needs GPS active to navigate. i know what you mean about not accurate. i think i would use it to log fishing spots and types of fish caught instead of navigating. i am yet to test it in the boat

Offline forsterfisho

• Associated with Cranka lures & Samaki rods.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 07:14:14 PM »
The Navionics app is great for use as a rough guide to finding fishy spots, incorperate the navionics app into google earth and its a very powerful tool for pre-fishing from home.
Spent a few hours with some comp guys around the grand final last year sussing out spots, google earth was invaluable!
Proudly supported by Cranka Lures

Offline bbgcomputers

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »
I find google earth very good aswell with the acception of mudbishops and areas with sand movement. you will see a spot and head to it only to find its not there. wish they updated it a little more.
Would anyone have any objections to me geotaging spots. only broblem is they would be available to anyone with that app. i suspect thats a small ammout of people in our local area though.

Offline forsterfisho

• Associated with Cranka lures & Samaki rods.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 09:18:44 PM »
Do you really want everybody to see yout geotags? Good concept but seems to defeat the purpose of finding your "milk run" of spots to fish
Proudly supported by Cranka Lures

Offline redrocket

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 11:43:40 PM »
Try nearmap, its very similar to goggle but in some areas it has multiple pics and lets u look back at the old pics to see how things have changed
https://www.nearmap.com/welcome-new

Offline bbgcomputers

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 12:04:55 AM »
Thanks i will have a look at this