BreamAlliance! Bream Fishing Australia

Author Topic: One of those daze  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Trev59

One of those daze
« on: April 08, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »
Well today was almost one of those days. Took Doug down to the entrance at Old Bar and was showing him some of the features of an IPilot.

There was a few bits of swell pushing up with the tide close to the Old Bar side. Doug had just landed a lizard and was getting it off so I went up to the front deck. I swung the boat around on the leckie and then went to step down into the boat when a wave broad sided us.

I lost my balance and stumbled hitting my chest on the gunwale. My rod hand went over the side luckily not dropping my rod and reel but it did get a brief swim.

I cannot tell you how much it hurt and what I said.

Anyway Dougie got a few good lizards and a cracker whiting.

My highlight was getting a couple of little jewies. 

Had a long day for only a few little bream, but hey it could of been a lot worse.

Offline Woodie

• Administrator
  • BreamAlliance.com
Re: One of those daze
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
Well today was almost one of those days. Took Doug down to the entrance at Old Bar and was showing him some of the features of an IPilot.

There was a few bits of swell pushing up with the tide close to the Old Bar side. Doug had just landed a lizard and was getting it off so I went up to the front deck. I swung the boat around on the leckie and then went to step down into the boat when a wave broad sided us.

I lost my balance and stumbled hitting my chest on the gunwale. My rod hand went over the side luckily not dropping my rod and reel but it did get a brief swim.

I cannot tell you how much it hurt and what I said.

Anyway Dougie got a few good lizards and a cracker whiting.

My highlight was getting a couple of little jewies. 

Had a long day for only a few little bream, but hey it could of been a lot worse.

Trevor give your reel a dose of inox & some panadol forte for your chest, i wasn't that close to the entrance today bugger the wind was only little bream around for me.

sounds like you ended up having a good day on the water after the fall, don't be shy show us you fishy pictures, have to be bigger fish then marks outing with ya other day lol..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:15:32 PM by Woodie »