BreamAlliance! Bream Fishing Australia

Author Topic: How it can happen  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Housey

How it can happen
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:49:27 PM »
Well I guess sometimes it nice when bad luck comes with a bit of good fortune...

So we headed south to Albany the other weekend for the last round of the southern series sitting 456 grams of the series leaders feeling reasonably confident we could get up ..
So the Saturday prior we headed out to some other systems for some fun, looking for some giant lure eating bream in some less than avg weather would bring our weekend unstuck..
Headed into a first one with less than avg water levels, fairly decent wind without being a gale, we still though you never now, could fire them up.. the minnkota lost the steering about an hour in an then I found a mudhole with outboard an blocked that up, and I think we only managed about 5 bream between us..
So we thought we'll still try an tough the day out an headed of to aanother river nearby hoping it would be more protected and we could least get around manual steering the kota.. the decision paid off as plenty of bream hit the decks at steady but at times patchy rate with plenty in 30's and the best for the day going  40 tip as it couldn't resist the loco perrito I worked of the front of snag...

So along came Sunday and after doing a deal with event organisers we were allowed to launch at a ramp up river where we could leccy around  hand steering again and if needed do a quick little squirt on the outboard to get us back to the ramp an the start of small drifts.. So we headed straight to a wash zone with the tide heading in where we picked up some nice bream in some prior comps, we couldn't believe our eyes when a 41 tipper hit the net 3rd cast, drilling a greedy guts 55 in around 6 inches of wAter.. thinking to ourselves what a great start, maybe things are looking up.. but alas only one more legal would hit the well..but if it wasn't for all the drama I probably would missed out on a great fish

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Piscatorial Pursuit

Re: How it can happen
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:11:18 PM »
Nice one Housey. Nice of the event organisers to let you launch elsewhere under the circumstances too!
Good luck in the next one.

Offline Sm7602

Re: How it can happen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 08:37:08 PM »
Couple of nice Bream mate  :)