BreamAlliance! Bream Fishing Australia

Author Topic: New Guy from USA  (Read 3429 times)

Offline tefishmaster

New Guy from USA
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:21:28 AM »
Just wanted to say hello, I will be fishing for Bream down near Marlo in Late October and first part of November, I have no idea how to fish for bream. I am from the United States. Just looking to get all the info on lures and Rod / Reels and fishing line that I can. Great to be on yall's forum. Thanks Tommy

Offline Choppers

• Having A go at Breaming
Re: New Guy from USA
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:16:40 AM »
Welcome to the site tefishmaster, I am sure you will get plenty of help on what bream gear to use .

Offline BreamAlliance

• Administrator
  • Bream Fishing Australia
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:39:30 AM »
Welcome Tommy you have picked a top spot to learn about bream fishing "Marlo" 

Offline tefishmaster

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:42:26 AM »
Thanks Guys. Love yall's site

Offline Rampage

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »
Wellcome Tommy
While your down in east gippsland if you get the opportunity try and get to bemm river or lake tyres they are really good fishing spots. If you do happen to go to bemm make sure you have fuel with you they don't sell any in town.

Offline tefishmaster

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »
I will be fishing Bemm river and out of Marlo. Just wondering if I have hard baits that are 3-4 inches long is that to big?? Soft baits about the same size?? I have the size line figured out but not the lures. What are some of your favorite baits for bream??

Offline Rampage

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 12:04:07 AM »
G-day tommy
I don't know if you are land based or boating, estuary itself is on average around 2mtrs deep there is a channel that runs back to the ocean which from memory is about 6+mts deep which a land based fisho's could easily cast in to.how you actually get there I'm not sure,but if you go to the general store and have a chat with mark he will help you out with that. Another good land based place is Dolly's garden which you can access from a road opposite the caravan park. With your lures it's a bit of trial n error you just have to mix it up till you get something the bream will take. I had a lot of success with the vx35 in the olive color just drifting across the lake. If you are in a small tinnie make sure you check the wind forecast for the day, it can go from a mill pond to white caps in the blink of an eye. There is a storm hut on the other side of the lake near the entrance to the channel that you can take refuse in if you do get caught out. You'll get good variety of fish in the bemm and it's a really nice place to stay.

Cheers
Rampage

Offline Rampage

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 12:11:30 AM »
Tommy
I don't know if you have seen any photos of bemm river, I've got quite a few and I'll have a crack at putting them up in the next couple of days.

Offline tefishmaster

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 01:44:53 AM »
Thanks Guys, I will be fishing from a Kayak. Would love to see any pic's if you have them. Thanks for the info.

Online Woodie

• Administrator
  • BreamAlliance.com
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 07:04:13 PM »
Just wanted to say hello, I will be fishing for Bream down near Marlo in Late October and first part of November, I have no idea how to fish for bream. I am from the United States. Just looking to get all the info on lures and Rod / Reels and fishing line that I can. Great to be on yall's forum. Thanks Tommy

How did you go in the comp so far tefishmaster?????????